Mukteshwar is a quaint hill town, well known for its serene ambience, amazing weather, and jaw-dropping views of the snow clad Himalayan range. Reaching at Mukteshwar you can witness the tranquil of nature, retreat boasts of age-old temples, lush green woods as well as the narrow hilly trails. Also, there is a wide range of things to do in Mukteshwar like rock climbing & rappelling that are fun to try on a weekend getaway. Once you will reach their you will find the most photogenic surrounding views, below mention activities Mukteshwar for a memorable and amazing holiday.
1. Trekking as well as camping – fresh Breathe in the goodness mountain
The rolling to pography, unknown trails, plush green forests, and narrow tracks make trekking one of the most exciting activities in Mukteshwar. Based on your expertise and stamina, you can choose from easy to moderate hiking trails here. You will totally get refreshed-up by breathing in the fresh air or walking to get refresh you up.
Some Popular trails are from Peora to Almora, Peora to Mukteshwar, Binsar to Artola Trek and the riverside trek. Night camping as well as bonfire are also popular. Such activities are fun when you plan a weekend getaway.
2. Paragliding – Fly above the world Like the Bird Does!!
Paragliding is one of the most exciting things that one can do in Mukteshwar. Most of the time Paragliding a camping package, which may also includes a number of fun and thrilling activities like river crossing, kite flying & wildlife tracking; besides food and accommodation.
Mukteshwar is one of the best places for performing paragliding as the professional guidance ensures that it’s a smooth, safe glide over the lovely greenery.
3. Rock climbing & rappelling – Will you accept the challenge
Rock climbing and rappelling are two most challenging that one can do in Mukteshwar. In Mukteshwar there are number of cliffs and rocky outcrops that offer the perfect opportunity to varied difficulty levels. Even if you are a beginner, there are enough of easy climbs that you can attempt.
4. Explore the sunrise at Nanda Devi peak – Behold the sight
Nanda Devi- the second highest peak of India which is quite visible from Mukteshwar mountain tops. The spellbinding view is accentuated with orange and golden hues of sunrise. From here you can witnessing the sun as it rises above the Nanda Devi peak and lights up the small hill-station.
Don’t forget to Capture it’s video camera to relive this wonderful sunrise again and again.
5. Visiting the age old temples – Meet the pahari Gods
Inexplicably charming about temples in the mountains, that other temples can’t match. Mukteshwar is also in the same row. It is a small town with has number of age-old temples such as Shiva Temple, Rajarani Temple, and Brahmeswara Temple.
Some famous temple- Mukteshwar Dham is dedicated to Lord Shiva, Parvati, Ganesha, and Nandi. Temple visits are an essential part of sightseeing in Mukteshwar.
6. Shopping at Kilmora Shop – Pick some souvenirs
If you love Kumaoni knits and handicrafts, do visit the Kilmora – the handicraft shop in Mukteshwar. Located in outskirts area in Sita Village, it is known for wide & vivid collections of hand woven shawls, hand knitted apparels, skincare & cosmetic products, agri produce, and other souvenirs.
Best time to visit Mukteshwar
The is best time to visited Mukteshwar is during Summers are best for sightseeing while the winter season is the best time to visit if you love snow fall. However, this also is the season of landslides. So, make sure you do your research well before visiting.
How to reach Mukteshwar
Mukteshwar is easily reachable , one can use different transportation mode to reach
- By Bus: Mukteshwar is connected to different towns and cities via motorable roads. So one can use the board direct or Indirect bus from from Delhi’s Anand Vihar ISBT or you can hire a taxi to reach further.
- By Train: Nearest major railway station from Mukteshwar is located in Kathgodam, 64 km away from here you can board taxi or bus to travel rest.
- By Air: Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport from Mukteshwar, at a approx distance of 98 km.Directly connected to Delhi. For onward destination you can hire Taxi or Board a bus for perfect vacation.
So, when are you planning to go?