The blog is for those who are planning for Rishikesh Rafting tour and thinking what to carry and what to leave. Where I am fit for rafting or not. 1000 of question in your mind what to do what don’t at the time of trekking. So here is some of the advice which you can follow at the time of Rishikesh Rafting Tour Package
Do's and don’ts at the time of Rishikesh Rafting tour Package :
- It’s a person own choice. Let the person decide whether he/she have to do rafting or not. Don’t force anyone to do rafting
- If there is some kind of mental stress than don't go for rafting. Your mind should be free for rafting.
- listen to the rafting instructor instructions carefully and follow them sincerely.
- Always be attentive when you are in raft or in the river.
- Some time the raft lost it balance in rapids, this is the time when mostly people lost their patience and it will lead to accident. It’s a normal thing, the key point to manage yourself in such condition is: throw yourself outside of raft when raft loses it balance in a rapid so that you are not inside the raft. The cage type scene would create when someone loses its balance and trapped under the raft.
If you throw yourself outside of raft, than nothing happens with you, you will simply start floating on the surface and the raft instructors will make everything as it is in less than 5 minutes and then they will pull each member to raft again.
- Enjoy the raft trip without any panic, because panic will ruin your life time experience.
- The rafting instructors are trained enough to deal with everything.
- If something unfavorable happens than the first thing you have to do is "Save yourself and then help other members"
- The risk factor is very low, but still is there.
- The last most important point is - Never Ever choose the cheapest rafting plan provided by many companies, as they don't have license as well as trained instructor. Always remember during the rafting, your instructors are just like the pilot of the plane, your life depends on them. So choose your rafting plan from a licensed company having trained instructors.
Here are 5 questions you can ask any rafting operator. If they can answer with satisfaction, you can go ahead:
1. Are you licensed by the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board? (Ask to see the license.)
2. Who are the guides running your trips? How many years of experience do they have? Do they have their First Aid certification? (If so, ask to see the certification and check the expiration date.) Do they have Swift water Rescue certifications? (If so, ask to see the certificate and make sure it’s from an outside agency.)
3. Where do your personal floatation devices (life-jackets) come from? Are they Type V (US Coast Guard approved) or locally made? Do you have working helmets available for all guests and guides?
4. Will an experienced, licensed safety-kayaker (or cataraft with qualified guide) be accompanying us? What type of kayak will the safety-kayaker be using? (S/he should use a creek-boat or river-runner as opposed to a play-boat.)
5. Will there be any children accompanying us? (It is illegal to take children younger
Hope this information help you at the time of Rishikesh Rafting tour package .
Have fun enjoy your Holiday!