Bhutan, a Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses (or dzongs) and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys. In the High Himalayas, peaks such as Jomolhariare popular trekking destinations. ParoTaktsangmonastery (also known as Tiger’s Nest) clings to cliffs above the forested ParoValley.
Day 1 ARRIVAL AT IXB/NJP –TRANSFER TO PHUENTSHOLING
On arrival at NJP/IXB, you will be greeted by our official and transferred to Phuentsholing(298 Mts/977 Fts), a smallTown at the Indo-Bhutan border. Have your lunch in an Indian Hotel. Post lunch Immigration formalities will be done and youWill be transfer to hotel. Evening at your own leisure. Overnight at Phuentsholing.
Day 2 Transfer To Thimphu
After Breakfast, check out from Hotel & Transfer to Thimphu. (178KMS/09Hrs) which lies at an elevation of 2300m. Thimphulies in a beautiful valley, sprawling up a hillside on the west bank of the ThimphuCHHU River and has a total area of about 1809 sq. kms. Evening at your own leisure. Visitors can enjoy relaxing walk in the valley at evening. Be sure to sink your teeth into momokopi, steam dumplings filled with finely chopped cabbage, onions, cheese and butter. Overnight at Hotel in Thimphu.
Thimphu Sightseeings :
- Tashichhoedzong (Outside) - Meaning: Fortress of the glorious religion. It was built in 1641 and rebuilt into present structure by late king JigmeDorjiWangchuk(Father of ModernBhutan) in the year 1962-1969. It houses the secretariat building, the throne room and the office of the king, and the central monk body.
- Buddha Dordenma Statue - The completed work is one of the largest Buddha rupas in the world, at 169 feet (52 m) and contains 100,000 8-inch-tall and 25,000 12-inch-tall gilded bronze Buddhas
- Memorial Chorten - It was built in 1974 in the memory of third king late Jigme DorjiWangchuk, who is regarded as the father of modern Bhutan. The temple inside gives good examples of trantric Buddhist and its philosophy.
- Semtokha Dzong - Semtokha is 6 km from Thimphu; it is on a hill stand and was built in 1629 by Zhabdrung. It is the oldest fortress in the kingdom built by Zhabdrung. It now houses the cultural and Buddhist studies.
Day 3 Thimphu City Tour
- The Institute for ZorigChusum-It is also called as National Institute ForZorigChusum. The school teaches the paintings and also making of sculpture and statues. It offers an eight-year course, which provides instructions in many ofBhutan’s traditional arts to boys and girls from throughout the country whose aptitude is more of artistic than academic.
- National Library–the National Library was established in 1967 to preserve many ancient Dzongkha and Tibetan texts. Besides the lot of collection of the religious texts, we do have the good collection of English –language books, modern academic texts and science.
- The Folk Heritage Museum–This Folk Heritage Museum is a showcase the 19 century farm house and the living style of theBhutanesefamily. It was founded by Her Majesty the Queen AshiDorjiWangmoWangchuck.
Day 4 Morning transfer to Paro.Overnight stay at Paro.
Morning transfer (160 kms/ 4 hrs) toParo. After lunch, rest or stroll about inParotown. .This beautifulParovalley is about 2250m above the sea level.Parois believed to be one of the first valleys to have received the influences of the Buddhism. The beautiful valley with its rich terraced farmland is home to some ofBhutan’s oldest temples & monasteries. The country’s only airport is inParo. The valley also offers the calm of the country side, the beautiful landscapes, scenic and scattered villages and other historic buildings. Overnight inParo.
- DrugyelDzong-Situated in the north end of theParovalley built in 1649 to commemorate the victory over Tibetan invasion. It was gutted by fire in 1951, & now it is in ruined fort, but it is kept as a monument for the visitors from outside as historically thisdzongis very important. On a clear day, the view of Mt.Jomolharican be seen.
- RinpungDzong-Meaning: fortress of the heap of jewels. It was built during the time of Zhabdrungin 1646. It houses both administrative and monastic bodies. It is also a venue of theParofestival (Tsechu), held once in a year during spring time.
- TaaDzong-Meaning: watchtower. It served as a watchtower during the war to guard thedzongfrom the external invasion. Even if thedzongis capture by the enemy, there is always hope for theBhutaneseto regain it, if the watchtower is in their hand. It is converted into a national museum in 1968. It houses a fine collection of art, relics, religiousthangkas, paintings, animals, armory andBhutan’s exquisite postage stamps.
Day 5 To Phuentsholing
After breakfast check out from Hotel & visit parosightseeingsand post lunch proceeds to Phuentsholing.Overnight Stay at pling.
- TaktsangMonastry-Taktshangis the most famous ofBhutan’s monasteries, perched on the side of a cliff 900m above the floor ofParovalley where the only sounds are the murmurs of the wind and the chanting of monks. The name means ‘Tiger’s nest”, it was named because Guru Rinpocheis said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress. He then mediated in a cave here for three months. Later many Buddhist masters have mediated here. It is one of the very important pilgrimage sites even fortheBhutanesepeople.
- KyichuLhakhang-It is one of the two most sacred and the oldest temples inBhutan, built in 7th century by Tibetan king SongtsenGampo(the 33rd Tibetan king, who is also the manifestation of avoloketeshivara, commonly known toBhutaneseas Chenrize). The legend tells that a giant demon was terrorizing the whole of Himalayan region, preventing the spread of Buddhism, so to subdue it the king built 108 templesin one dayall over the Himalayan region out of which 2 are inBhutan(KichuLhakhanginParo&JambayLhakhangin Bumthang).KyichuLhakhangwas built on her left foot. The temple ofJokhanginLhasa was built over the very heart of the demoness.
Day 6 PhuentsholingTo BagdograDrop
After breakfast check out from Hotel and proceeds to Bagdograairport. And tour end with sweet memories.
- CP Meal Plan ( Breakfast only )
- Airport Transfers
- Hotel Transfers
- Complete Sightseeing
- Transfer all in private basis in Wagon R ( 4 seater )
- Insurance, Liquor, Laundry, Tips
- GST 5.00%
- Personal Expenses
- Anything not included in the Inclusions
things to do
Not available for this package.
5N / 6D
Rs. 18500 Rs. 22500
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.