Friendship Peak located in Pir Panjal range with approx altitude of 5289m. Friendship peak gives trekkers a perfect opportunity to explore panoramic view of snowy peaks namely Friendship. Friendship Pass Trail is a popular trekking spots in Himachal located at fairly accessible location.
Friendship peak lies in a Beas Kund area and is an ideal non-technical or for those who doesn’t have any mountaineering knowledge as well as experience of trekking. This is the most popular mountain area among the foreign tourists also.
Region- Kullu (Himachal Pradesh )
Max. Altitude-5289 M
Best Season-June to October
Type of trek-Moderate
Day 1 Manali
Reach Manali in the morning and check into your hotel, relax and grab some grubs and head out to see this beautiful hill station. You will meet our representative who will introduce you to your bikes and give you important information and tips about the tour. This day will also help you acclimatize for the kind of days you are about to experience. Evening will be free at your disposal and you can stroll down the market and visit amazing cafes and eateries on the Mall road. Sleep early because tomorrow will be a long day.
Day 2 Manali-Dundi (Via Solang Nala)-Bakerthach (3500mts/11480Bmt)
The most exciting day for all the trekkers as we took first step towards Friend peak, trek through one of the most popular trekking routes in Himachal Pradesh. Early morning, board your jeep which will transfer you to Solang Valley where we have breakfast in some restaurants, followed by a departure to the starting point of the trek, Dundi. On the same day we will travel till Bakerthach via Palchani Tach. The rest of the day is to explore Bakerthach. Upon arrival in Bakerthach pitch your camp. Delicious hot Dinner is served in the Bakerthach camps.
Day 3 Bakerthach camp-Beas Kund 3960 m
Early morning after breakfast, we will start our trek to the first basecamp, Beas Kund, situated in a bank of a holy river of Himachal Pradesh. Beas Kund is well known stopover point for many other trekking trails. The trek takes you to the Base camp while passing by the Beas Kund Glacier. Lunch and dinner will be served at the camp in Beas Kund. Overnight stay at the camp.
Day 4 Full day in Beas Kund Base Camp
Morning perform yoga to make yourself fit and warm all day long, have your tasty breakfast, trekkers will attend a small but very useful training session in which they will be told about trekking equipment and what are the usage of the equipment. By this training session you will prepare yourself to trek on snow glaciers, which you might cross in coming days also it is a great opportunity to become familiar with trekking equipment and you learn how to arrest perfectly on a slope falls. After the training sessions, we will go for packed lunch. In evening click pictures and dinner and overnight stay in the Beaskund camp.
Day 5 Base camp-Advance camp
Morning have your breakfast, today we will trek uphill for approximately 4-5 hours to the advance base camp. Amidst the mountain ranges, the location of the advanced base camp is picturesque. While relishing, the view of the hills, trekkers will set their tents. From the advanced base camp site, one can see the view of the beautiful ranges like Hanuman Tibba, Maker Beh, Shiker Beh and the grandest Friendship peak. Dinner and overnight stay in the advanced base camp.
Day 6 Reserved day for summit attempts-Bakarthach
Early morning, around 3- 4 AM, the journey to the peak will start. From the base camp, you will have to walk for approx 6 hours to the reach the summit try to take chocolates with you as you required lots of energy. Today’s trek is a steep trek. If everything goes as well and planned, it is accepted that we will reach the peak by 10 in the morning. From the top of the hill, you will be able to explore the uninterrupted view of neighboring mountains, towns like Lahaul & Spiti and Manali. After spending quality time at the summit, we will trek back to the advanced base camp for lunch. Following lunch, they will trek downhill till Bakarthach camp. Overnight stay in Bakarthach camp.
Day 7 Back to Manali
Today after breakfast we will return the same way to civilization. Today the trail is descending to the starting point of the trek, Dhundi. From Dhundi, a comfortable vehicle will take you to Manali.
- Accommodation in tent/ Camp
- Trekking equipments
- First aid box
- All taxes include
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any Airfare, train fair or Bus fair extra
- Any meal not mention in the itinerary
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstance like landslide, road blocks, bad weather etc.
things to do
If you are planning to for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So much make a complete research like want kind of where is there, if you have carry cutlery or not, type of stay many other thing.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much be always be prepared for every situation during trekking you always have to prepared for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy required at the time of trekking if you feeling now you can’t handle all the things need not to think like this be mentally prepared also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days as you can’t believe on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also don’t forget to have day offat some place to celebrate your success , Cheer up as its dream which comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Cloths and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm cloths and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Comfortable clothes: tracks, raincoats, tee-shirts also carry one extra cloth
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batterie
- Shoes with good grip, extra pair of socks,
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
- First aid
Don’t for trek
- Don’t take valuable articles with you
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can be cause of serious accident
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell
- Don’t wear flashy cloths, put ones which matches natural colors
Do’s for trek
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says
- Maintain discipline
- Observe for pugmarks
- Bagpack and Daypack with comfortable straps and rain covers.
- Water bottles and high energy packaged food.
- Flashlight and headtorch.
- High ankle trekking shoes.
- Ropes and sticks.
- Wind and Water proof jackets and pants.
- Woolen sweaters.
- Thermal inners.
- Cotton tshirts.
- Trek pants.
- Woolen caps and mufflers.
- Woolen and cotton socks.
- Waterproof and woolen gloves.
Personal Utilities :
- Soap and washes
- Sunscreen cream and Moisturizer
- Antibacterial powder
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Quick dry towel
Medical kit :
- Medicines like Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ciplox, Nimesulide, Citrizine, Benocide etc. (consult a doctor)
- Ointment like Moov or Volini.
- Anti-rash creams like Betnovet
6N / 7D
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.