Har Ki Dun Valley is a cradle shaped hanging valley in the Garhwal Himalayas, surrounded by snow-covered peaks and alpine vegetation. It is also connected to Baspa Valley by the Borasu Pass. This is a popular Valley trek that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The views of Swargarohini peaks and Bandarpunch range as well as lush forests and meadows make for a scenic trek.
Region – Uttarakhand
Altitude of Beas kund- 1500ft
Trekking distance – 80 m
Type of accommodation – Tents/ Camp
Trip start from – Dehradun
Trip ends in – Dehradun
Weather report – In Summer, 15 to 20 degree during day and 2 to 7 degree during night
In winters, 10 to 15 degree during day and 5 to -5 degrees during night
Difficulty Level – Easy
Food- Breakfast/ dinner, Nutritious food for trekking
Day 1 Dehradun to Sankri (via Mussoorie)
Total distance 166 km
Time 5-6 Hours by Road
- Report at Dehradun Govt. Bus Stand between 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM.
- Meet our representative and board your bus to Sankri via Mussoorie.
- Also you can visit, the Kempty Falls, 15 km from Mussoorie.
- Continue the drive towards Purola, which is located at a height of 1,524 mtr. Situated in the thick of rich forest area and wildlife, especially the endangered snow leopard, it is also known as the ‘Gate to Har Ki Dun’.
- Overnight stay at guest house/ tent.
Day 2 Sankri to Pauni Garaat via Taluka
Travel distance and time is 12 km/1 hour
Altitude of Taluka- 7,000 ft
Taluka to Pauni Garaat
Trek Distance: 10km
Trek Level: Easy
Water sources: You can refill your water bottles in the river along the trail.
- Wake up early morning do some yoga kind of activity in fresh and natural environment
- Have your breakfast and get ready for your first day trekking to Pauni Garaat.
- Start your trek with full of energy don’t forget to carry energy bar with you as you required lot of energy
- By late afternoon or after your arrival in Taluka, check-in into a tent to spend the night under the star clad sky and enjoy the freshness of Taluka.
- Evening will be delighted with a lively bonfire, snacks, different folklores about the locale and a delicious dinner.
- Overnight stay in tent/camp
Day 3 Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhaar
Altitude- 9,800 ft
Trek Distance: 7 km
Trek Time: 6 hour
Trek Level: ascent Camp stay in meadows overlooking mountains near a food stall
Water sources- Spring water points but still carry sufficient water.
- Wake up early morning have your breakfast leave the tent early
- Start your trek to Kalkattiyadhaar
- While trekking you gone a traverse through the Siyan Gad by bridge to reach Dhatmir village and cross the Ton River as well.
- During trek you can enjoy the amazing views of sprawling wild orchids
- Also there is surprise for you if you are lucky, encounter the wilderness of the Himalayas like Barking Deer, Bores, Leopards and the likes.
- Overnight stay in Kalkattiyadhaar.
Day 4 Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Doon
Altitude: 11, 768 ft.
Trek Distance- 5 km
Trek Time- 3.5 hour
Trek Level: Easiest
Water sources- Spring water points so need not to carry more water.
- Wake up early morning have your breakfast and start your trek
- While trekking the meadows of Dev Thach are clearly visible on your right, across the confluence of the two rivers.
- At this point, you have crossed 3,000 m altitude for the first time.
- The valley now separates into two parts, with Har-ki-dun on the left and Ruinsara Taal, Bali Pass on the right.
- As you cross the mountain bend, you are greeted with the sight of the Har Ki Dun peak and Hata Peak, below which is Har-ki-Dun valley.
- During trek you can found the pine forest has a sizable number of rhododendron trees.
- There is also a lovely stream gushing down on the way, with a variety of Himalayan alpine flowers along its sides, especially blue poppy.
- About an hour later, pass through another section of meadows with a delightful growth of chestnut.
- The smell of cedar and pine wood trees is intoxicating to any nature lover.
- After crossing the wooden bride you found a two valleys opening up in front, divided by a stream called Karmanasha. The valley towards your left is going to Maninda Taal and Borasu Pass and the other, to Jaundar Glacier.
- Upon arrival to Har ki Dun , chech-in to the tent and relax for some time
- Overnight stay at tent in Har ki Dun
Day 5 Har Ki Doon to Pauni Garaat via Osla
Trek Distance – 13.5 km
Total Trek Time- 8 hour
Har Ki Dun – Kalkattiyadhar: 5 km; Kalkattiyadhar – Osla: 7 km; Osla - Pauni Garaat: 1 ½ km
Trek level – decent
Water source -Riverside camping in Govind National Park forests
- Wake up early morning have your breakfast.
- The sheer beauty of the valley will make you never want to leave the place. But you have to leave the place sooner as we have long distance to cover today
- Upon arrival to Pauni Garaat, check-in to tent and relax yourself
- Overnight stay in tent
Day 6 Pauni Garaat to Sankri via Taluka
Trek Time-5 hour
Trek Distance-10 km;
Drive from Taluka to Sankri- 12 km
Driving Time- 1 hour
Wake up early morning, have your breakfast and start your trek earlier.
- The way back to Sankri via Taluka is an easy one with consistent descents and level walks.
- Upon arrival check-in to guest house and relax yourself
Day 7 Sankri to Dehradun
Distance: 220 km drive
Driving Time-10 hour approx
Driving Time- 7 am-6 pm
- Wake up early morning have your breakfast and leave the guest-house early
Note: On Day 7, you’ll reach Dehradun by 6 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
- Trip and services ends at Dehradun
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipment’s (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
- Government service tax 9.0%
- Air/Train fare
- Anything not mentioned under the head inclusions.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, road blocks and / or any factors beyond control.
- The tariff does not include barbeque, personal expenses like telephone, laundry etc.
Nirvana trip specializes in holiday tour packages, Cultural and natural heritage tour packages, hiking, trekking, rafting, wildlife safaris and mountain biking along with the customized tours as per your requirements and demand.
- Learning Experience: We do not just focus on completing the trek but also help you develop basic trekking skills like:
- Personalized attention: We have small batch size (max. 15) our batches to enable individual focus and monitoring.
- Best Expedition Leaders: Our leaders are advanced mountaineering course qualified, also have experienced mountaineering group who will be there with you at the time of trekking
- Pocket Friendly Packages:We at Nirvana believe that traveling is for each one of us, we assure you a trip that doesn’t dig a hole in your pocket. We provide great service in the lowest price possible.
- Safety norms: We have mapped every region with an emergency evacuation plan far. We carry an extensive first-aid kit including oxygen cylinders and high altitude medicines.
- Approved by – Nirvana trip is approved by Adventure Tour Operators Association of India.
1. Morning Yoga & Evening stretching
2. How to pitch and dismantle a camping tent and properly use a sleeping bag
3. Packing a rucksack
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Comfortable clothes: tracks, raincoats, tee-shirts
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Riding Shoes, a pair of slippers for the night, extra pair of socks
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
things to do
Not available for this package.
6N / 7D
Rs. 10800 Rs. 12960
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.