Trekking to Kheerganga is an exciting one. This meadow is nestled in the Kullu district of the Himachal Pradesh on the way to precipitous Pin-Parvati Trek at an altitude of 13,025 feet. Started from Barsheni (20 kms from Kasol), the trek passes through Pulga which further climbs to Rudra-Nag waterfall. Beyond Rudraprayag, the path runs ascends to the sacred Khir Ganga, a meadow at 2960m where it is believed that God Shiva has mediated for 3000 years. The place is famous for Hot springs and is open from about April to October.
Day 1 Delhi to Kasol
Our cab drive will pick up you from you place. Overnight journey to Kasol. It will take 11 hours from Delhi to reach Kasol. You will find yourself connect with nature in Parvati Valley.
Day 2 Tosh
Morning reach Parvati valley, Kasol. You will find your self surrounded by green lush valley. Parvati valley is all about Peace and calmness. As you are going to check in tosh. so spend some time in Kasol and Gurduwara Manikaran shahib. You can have hot spring bath in Marnikarn Shahib. It will take approx 4 hours to reach Tosh. After reach tosh you will be in higher altitude. Evening sun set view is amazing in tosh. You will find more travelers in tosh where everyone feels lost in nature. Snow capped mountains. View of Pin Parvati. River Paravti furious flowing water making sound of hymn. Evening enjoy the camp fire in hotel side. Dinner and overnight stay. Nirvana Trip’s Suggestion – Moon night give a sliver shade in mountains. You will good time star gazing in Tosh. Afternoon arrival in Tosh. Click pictures enjoy music, explore higher altitude stay. Tosh is famous for is location and snow capped mountains view. enjoy evening camp fire. Have dinner and over night stay at hotel.
Day 3 Tosh to Kheerganga
Morning get ready. Click some pictures in tosh. Caption snowy mountain peaks. Have delicious parthey in breakfast with hot tea. After breakfast depart to kheerganga. 14 km of day hike to Kheerganga . on the way to kheerganga you will cross village.Where you can have lunch. You will explore some old traditional house in route. Halt in Rudranag. Place where you capture water fall in shape of snack. Here you can take a rest in green ground. Amazing view of tosh from Rudranag. You will reach Kheerganga in Evening . Its in 12000feet.
Day 4 Kheerganga-Kasol
Morning enjoy the sun rise in Kheerganga. Hot spring bath is jut foot away from you in Kheerganga. enjoy morning bath and enjoy realmic feel of peaceful day. Have lunch at camp site. After lunch head back to Barshani the start point of trek. It will take couple of hours to reach Barshani . Get on board from Bashani and reach Kasol. Enjoy evening time in Kasol. Music and party. Dinner and overnight stay at Kasol.
Day 5 Kasol - Delhi
Morning breakfast and after breakfast check out from hotel. and depart to Delhi. It wil be more than 10 hours of Drive. So get lost your self in thoughts of trip and you have surely spent quality moments in this trip.
Trip end with beautiful memories of Parvati Valley holidays.
- Transportation from Delhi (Innova)
- 1 Night Stay in Kasol with breakfast and dinner
- 1 Night stay in Tosh with Breakfast and dinner
- 1 Nights stay in Kheerganga with breakfast lunch and dinner + Camp Fire
- All taxes included
- Expenses of personal nature (laundry, telephone, etc) Airfare, Tips, gratuities, Insurance.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
Summer in Kheerganga begins from March to june. The temperature during summer is maximum 20 degree Celsius. Although the days are a bit warmer, nights are colder than expected. Monsoon starts in July till September. The temperature fall a minimum of 10° Celsius.
Winter starts from November and last till feb, Kheerganga is extremely chilly in winters, chances of snow falls is there and is mostly shut down.
- Good pair of shoes.
- Battery backups, torch, plastic covers.
- Caps, windcheaters, sunscreens, lotions, warm socks etc.
- Medical kit.
things to do
If you are planning to for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So much make a complete research like want kind of where is there, if you have carry cutlery or not, type of stay many other thing.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much be always be prepared for every situation during trekking you always have to prepared for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy required at the time of trekking if you feeling now you can’t handle all the things need not to think like this be mentally prepared also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days as you can’t believe on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also don’t forget to have day offat some place to celebrate your success , Cheer up as its dream which comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Cloths and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm cloths and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Comfortable clothes: tracks, raincoats, tee-shirts also carry one extra cloth
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batterie
- Shoes with good grip, extra pair of socks,
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
- First aid
Don’t for trek
- Don’t take valuable articles with you
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can be cause of serious accident
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell
- Don’t wear flashy cloths, put ones which matches natural colors
Do’s for trek
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says
- Maintain discipline
- Observe for pugmarks
- Bagpack and Daypack with comfortable straps and rain covers.
- Water bottles and high energy packaged food.
- Flashlight and headtorch.
- High ankle trekking shoes.
- Ropes and sticks.
- Wind and Water proof jackets and pants.
- Woolen sweaters.
- Thermal inners.
- Cotton tshirts.
- Trek pants.
- Woolen caps and mufflers.
- Woolen and cotton socks.
- Waterproof and woolen gloves.
Personal Utilities :
- Soap and washes
- Sunscreen cream and Moisturizer
- Antibacterial powder
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Quick dry towel
Medical kit :
- Medicines like Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ciplox, Nimesulide, Citrizine, Benocide etc. (consult a doctor)
- Ointment like Moov or Volini.
- Anti-rash creams like Betnovet
4N / 5D
Rs. 5500 Rs. 6900
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.