kedarkantha Trekking Tour
If you want to trek alone to a place where you can relax your soul with white snow around, then Kedarkantha trek is the one you would definitely like to go for. Nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas at an elevation of 12,500ft, this trek is a part of Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. The garlanded beauty of fringed pine trees, verdant greenery and frozen ponds adds delight to the eyes and tired legs. The national park is a treasure of splendid flora and fauna inclusding rare species of mammals and birds. This challenging trek promises an exhilarating experience with chilling sub-zero temperatures at night.
Day 1 Sankri: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri
Our Team will meet you at Dehradun (Pickup in accordancewith the travellers) for long but scenic drive(approx 220 km) to Sankri located at an altitude of 6,400 ft. via Mussoorie, Barkot, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River to a lodge set out for overnight stay.
Day 2 Trek from Sankri via Juda-Ka-Talab
After having your breakfast, the trek (approx 4kms) starts at 6.30 AM for our next destination Juda-Ka-Talab (at an elevation of 9,100 ft). Enroute, enjoy mesmerizing views of the trail. We will be staying beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees for an hour. One can have beautiful views of snow clad peaks from JudaKaTalab site. Overnight stay in tents at juda-ka-talab.
Day 3 Trek from Juda-ka-talab to Kedarkantha Camp
Today is a long day trek up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, located at an altitude of 12,500 feet. This is approximately 6kms trek. Have your lunch with amazing views of snow clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges. After spending some quality time at the peak like taking picture we trek down through thick forest of Pine and Maple trees. After seeing the golden glow of snow clad peaks, we start again at 12.30PM to our campsite at Kedarkantha Peak base that takes around 6.5 hours to reach. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 4 Kedarkantha Base to Sankri
Early morning after the sunrise, enjoy your breakfast. After then, proceed descend trek to Sankri via Hargaon (at an elevation of 8,900 feet). On arrival, take some rest and explore the area. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5 Drive from Sankri to Dehradun
After breakfast, drive back to Dehradun to catch your train to Delhi with some amazing memories of the Kedarkantha Trek.
- Transport from Dehradoon to Dehradoon
- All meals during the trek,
- Accommodation in camp,
- Mountaineering guide
- Expenses of personal nature (laundry, telephone, etc) Airfare, Tips, gratuities, Insurance.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, Political Strike etc
things to do
If you are planning to for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So much make a complete research like want kind of where is there, if you have carry cutlery or not, type of stay many other thing.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much be always be prepared for every situationduring trekkingyou always have to prepared for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy required at the time of trekkingif you feeling now you can’t handle all the things need not to think like this be mentally prepared also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days as you can’t believe on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also don’t forget to have day offat some place to celebrate your success , Cheer up as its dream which comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Cloths and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm cloths and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Comfortable clothes: tracks, raincoats, tee-shirts also carry one extra cloth
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batterie
Don’t for trek
- Don’t take valuable articles with you
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can be cause of serious accident
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell
- Don’t wear flashy cloths, put ones which matches natural colors
Do’s for trek
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says
- Maintain discipline
- Observe for pugmarks
Duration : 4N / 5D
City : Kedarkantha
Starting From: (Per Person )
Rs. 11999 Rs. 14399
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.