Opening up a brilliant view of the Kinnaur-Lahaul-Spiti located at an altitude of 19, 600 feet, Kanamo Peak is one of the fascinating trek. Which offer a different quality of the Himalayas—awe inspiring mountain deserts and sparse vegetation with a touch of snow.
During your trail you can find some exotic villages of Spiti and get to experience the delights of their harvest season in August. The villages on the Kaza to Kibber stretch are famous for growing sweet green peas and the lush green patches of pea fields amidst the mountain desert is a sight to behold
The Kanamo Peak trek require a good level of fitness and a few high-altitude treks to the trekker’s credits.
Region :- Himanchal Pradesh
Duration :- 7 Days
Grade :- Moderate
Max Altitude :- 19,553 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 27 Kms.
Best time to visit :- April to September
Day 1 Manali to Kaza
Morning meet nirvana trip representative at Manali from where you will take you by to Spiti from Manali by road. It is a journey of 202.5 km and took 4 hr 57 min to reach Kaza. During this trip we will pass through the beautiful road especially around Rohtang Pass from where you can witness the spectacular view which you cannot find anywhere else. The main highlight of the drive is Manali-Leh which highway offers interesting vistas of arid mountains. As you reach Gramphu, you would be directed move head towards Kaza road leading to our first stop.
Crossing Batal, you will be ushered into Spiti Valley it is easily reorganize by as the picturesque villages surrounded by green patches of agricultural fields give a prefect treat to your eyes and this view will remain till you reach Kaza, located at an altitude of 11,980 feet. Here we will stop for the night at a guest house.
Day 2 Kaza to Kibber
We will take you on an hour’s drive from Kaza to Kibber located at an altitude of 14,108 feet. As you board here will be provide neat and clean guest house in the village neighborhood. Zigzagging through the cold deserts will expected to reach the village by lunchtime. The rest of the day you could spent by exploring cultural sites in and around.
The place where you can explore is the Monastery’s high reaches offer you a great view of the surrounding valley and the Spiti River flows by silently many feet below.
From here you could have the first taste of the rocky terrain of the mountain desert, an acclimatization walk will be conducted in the afternoon and the evening reserved for exploring village life. Overnight stay at guest house.
Day 3 Acclimatization Stay
After breakfast prepare yourself for the heights, as this day will be kept for acclimatization in Kibber located at an altitude of 14,108 ft. Rest yourself or explore yourself.
Day 4 Kibber to Kanamo Base Camp
Today after breakfast starts your trek to the dry grass and desert valley of Kibber also this is the most challenging trek. Today you will go for continuous ascent trek for the first 3 hours which will later be followed by a slow descent on aprrox 6-7 hour trek. The trail goes through a number of small villages with flourishing harvest fields and a couple of mountain lakes which are the main source of water in Kaza town. The path of the trail is completey filled with a variety of flowers among which the beautiful Brahma Kamal deserves a special mention.
Don’t forget to carry minimum 2 liters of water as there no water source in a trail. At the height of 15,748 feet in the Kanamo Peak base camp, close to the Kanamo Lake, you will be resting for the night.
Day 5 Kanamo Base Camp to Kanamo Peak and return back to Kanamo Base Camp
As the sky slowly comes into the light and the mountain ranges emerge darkness from all around. Be aware of in these wee hours of the morning, so must layer up wisely. To protect yourself from the bitter wind, wear bacalavas. Today, you will be having packed breakfast and lunch to be had stopping on the way at a favorable hour.
Loose stone chips fill up the whole trail and in the last phase snow will be found. In this scenario, stepping with a firm toehold is very important; the trick is to take large and careful steps. Avoid falling with support from your trek guide. In the ascent of 7 hour, the last 3 hour stretch will be a snow climb, be prepared for this with crampons.
Be prepared for a spellbinding view of the Greater Himalayas. The descent to base camp will be relatively easy and take lesser time, approximately 5 hour. Overnight stay at camp
Day 6 Base Camp to Kaza via Kibber
After breakfast you will be trekking back to Kibber, stopping for lunch at local dhaba followed by a drive back to Kaza. The path is full of scenic brilliance with a magnetic backdrop of the mountains left behind.
Day 7 Kaza to Manali
The way back to Manali will be by the similar road, the drive starting at approx 3:30 to 4 am in the morning.
- Accommodation in tent/ Camp
- Trekking equipments
- First aid box
- All taxes include
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any Airfare, train fair or Bus fair extra
- Any meal not mention in the itinerary
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstance like landslide, road blocks, bad weather etc.
things to do
If you are planning to for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So much make a complete research like want kind of where is there, if you have carry cutlery or not, type of stay many other thing.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much be always be prepared for every situation during trekking you always have to prepared for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy required at the time of trekking if you feeling now you can’t handle all the things need not to think like this be mentally prepared also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days as you can’t believe on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also don’t forget to have day offat some place to celebrate your success , Cheer up as its dream which comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Cloths and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm cloths and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Comfortable clothes: tracks, raincoats, tee-shirts also carry one extra cloth
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batterie
- Shoes with good grip, extra pair of socks,
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
- First aid
Don’t for trek
- Don’t take valuable articles with you
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can be cause of serious accident
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell
- Don’t wear flashy cloths, put ones which matches natural colors
Do’s for trek
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says
- Maintain discipline
- Observe for pugmarks
- Bagpack and Daypack with comfortable straps and rain covers.
- Water bottles and high energy packaged food.
- Flashlight and headtorch.
- High ankle trekking shoes.
- Ropes and sticks.
- Wind and Water proof jackets and pants.
- Woolen sweaters.
- Thermal inners.
- Cotton tshirts.
- Trek pants.
- Woolen caps and mufflers.
- Woolen and cotton socks.
- Waterproof and woolen gloves.
Personal Utilities :
- Soap and washes
- Sunscreen cream and Moisturizer
- Antibacterial powder
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Quick dry towel
Medical kit :
- Medicines like Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ciplox, Nimesulide, Citrizine, Benocide etc. (consult a doctor)
- Ointment like Moov or Volini.
- Anti-rash creams like Betnovet
6N / 7D
Rs. 13999 Rs. 18600
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.