Trekking to Kheer Ganga is an exciting one. Kheer Ganga is a meadow nestled at an altitude of 2960m (9711 feet) in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. It is on the way to the famous Pin-Parvati Trek.
The panoramic skies and greenery are the delight to the eyes and the tired legs of adventure lovers. This one-sided 14 Km/ 5 Hour trek starts from Tosh ( A Himalayan village, 20 km away from Kasol). The trek passes through Pulga which further climbs to reach Rudra-Nag waterfall.
The path then ascends to the sacred Kheer Ganga, it is believed that God Shiva has mediated here for 3000 years. It is a holy place with a small temple of Lord Shiva and Hot spring. It makes a rare combination for a trekker to take a bath in hot spring when every side is covered with snow.
Day 1 Delhi to Kasol
You will find yourself surrounded by green lush valley and nature in Parvati Valley. At Morning, reach Kasol in Parvati river valley. Parvati valley is all about Peace and calmness.
Day 2 Tosh
Spend some time in Kasol and Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara. You can have hot spring bath in Marnikaran Sahib. It will take approx 4 hours to reach Tosh. You will be in higher altitude once u reach Tosh.
Evening sunset view is amazing in Tosh. Here you will find more travelers where everyone feels like they are lost in nature. Snow-capped mountains, View of Pin Parvati, Parvati River furious flowing water making the sound of a hymn. At Evening, enjoy the campfire in hotel side. Dinner and overnight stay at Tosh.
“Nirvana Trip’s Suggestion – Moon night give a silver shade in mountains. You will good time stargazing in Tosh.”
Afternoon arrival in Tosh. Click pictures, enjoy music, explore higher altitude stay. Tosh is famous for its location and snow-capped mountains view. enjoy the evening campfire. Have dinner and overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 3 Tosh to Kheerganga
At morning, get ready. Click some pictures in Tosh. Caption snowy mountain peaks. Have delicious parathas in breakfast with hot tea.
After breakfast, depart to 14 km of a day hike to Kheerganga. on the way, you will cross village where you can have lunch. You will explore some old traditional house in route.
The halt in Rudra Nag. A place famous for its Snake shaped Waterfall. Here you can take a rest in the green ground. The view of tosh from Rudranag is Amazing.
Continue your journey till you reach Kheerganga. You’ll probably reach Kheerganga meadow by Evening.
Day 4 Kheerganga to Kasol
At morning, enjoy the sunrise in Kheerganga. Hot spring bath is just some foot away from Kheerganga. Enjoy the morning bath and enjoy the realmic feel of the peaceful day. Have lunch at the camp site.
After lunch, head back to Barshaini (the start point of the trek). It will take a couple of hours to reach Barshaini. Get on board from Barshaini and reach Kasol. Enjoy evening time in Kasol. Music and party. Dinner and overnight stay at Kasol.
Day 5 Kasol to Delhi
After Morning breakfast, check out from the hotel and depart to Delhi. It will be of 11 hours of Drive back to Delhi. So get lost yourself in thoughts of a trip and you have surely spent quality moments on this trip. The trip ends with beautiful memories spent at Parvati Valley.
- Transportation from Delhi (Innova)
- 1 Night Stay in Kasol with breakfast and dinner
- 1 Night stay in Tosh with Breakfast and dinner
- 1 Nights stay in Kheerganga with breakfast lunch and dinner + Camp Fire
- All taxes included
- Expenses of personal nature (laundry, telephone, etc) Airfare, Tips, gratuities, Insurance.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
Summer in Kheerganga begins from March to june. The temperature during summer is maximum 20 degree Celsius. Although the days are a bit warmer, nights are colder than expected. Monsoon starts in July till September. The temperature fall a minimum of 10° Celsius.
Winter starts from November and last till feb, Kheerganga is extremely chilly in winters, chances of snow falls is there and is mostly shut down.
- Good pair of shoes.
- Battery backups, torch, plastic covers.
- Caps, windcheaters, sunscreens, lotions, warm socks etc.
- Medical kit.
things to do
If you are planning to for trekking at that time you need a check-list which you can follow at the time of bag pack
- Complete Research: The first step is the most important one as 100 things can go wrong during your trip and you have to be ready to handle each and every situation. So much make a complete research like want kind of where is there, if you have carry cutlery or not, type of stay many other thing.
- Test your fitness: In a journey there are many points where you feel sick so much be always be prepared for every situation during trekking you always have to prepared for freezing cold, acute mountain sickness. There are some place where there is shortage of oxygen at such a great heights will test your limit, time to prove how fit you are. You need lot of energy required at the time of trekking if you feeling now you can’t handle all the things need not to think like this be mentally prepared also I would recommend you to do some stamina building activities.
- Number of days: Take some extra days as you can’t believe on weather as any time you can face landslides, heavy rainfall uncertain climate change and you have to stay there only without any option. So take some extra days also don’t forget to have day offat some place to celebrate your success , Cheer up as its dream which comes true.
- Documents you must carry: Before going there you need to carry following documents like one photo ID- card.
- Cloths and accessories: As the weather can change any time you need to carry warm cloths and the following things
- Saddle bags/ Magnetic tank bag/ Luggage carrier
- Comfortable clothes: tracks, raincoats, tee-shirts also carry one extra cloth
- Wind-cheaters, Jackets and pullovers
- Flashlight with extra batterie
- Shoes with good grip, extra pair of socks,
- Sunglasses, caps or hats, sunscreen lotion and insect repellents
- Personal toiletries
- Water bottles etc
- First aid
Don’t for trek
- Don’t take valuable articles with you
- Don’t leave your garbage at camp site, take back all that you carry
- Don’t play music on your mobile, this disturbs Jungle silence
- Don’t take any shortcuts since that may cause you & others lot of trouble
- Don’t take alcoholic drinks, this can be cause of serious accident
- Don’t smoke, this too can cause Jungle fires as well as animals will run away due to strong smell
- Don’t wear flashy cloths, put ones which matches natural colors
Do’s for trek
- Study the location map and collect information from senior members or internet about the place
- Be a good team member, listen to what trek leader says
- Maintain discipline
- Observe for pugmarks
- Bagpack and Daypack with comfortable straps and rain covers.
- Water bottles and high energy packaged food.
- Flashlight and headtorch.
- High ankle trekking shoes.
- Ropes and sticks.
- Wind and Water proof jackets and pants.
- Woolen sweaters.
- Thermal inners.
- Cotton tshirts.
- Trek pants.
- Woolen caps and mufflers.
- Woolen and cotton socks.
- Waterproof and woolen gloves.
Personal Utilities :
- Soap and washes
- Sunscreen cream and Moisturizer
- Antibacterial powder
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Toilet Paper & wipes
- Quick dry towel
Medical kit :
- Medicines like Paracetamol, Aspirin, Ciplox, Nimesulide, Citrizine, Benocide etc. (consult a doctor)
- Ointment like Moov or Volini.
- Anti-rash creams like Betnovet
4N / 5D
Rs. 6900 Rs. 7200
- Money Safe
Our amazing as well as charming team helps you choose the best destination packages for you., that makes you feel indulged, comfortable and insipiring thorugh out your travel .
We at Nirvana make sure that you do not have to compromise between adventure or good stay. We provide an amazing and comfortable stay that makes you feel at home along with the adventure you are seeking for.
For you do not have to think before traveling and exploring new places, we at Nirvana provide cheapest and pocket friendly packages cause we believe that the journey of the thousand miles begin with a single step.